Rules and Regulations for Bringing Your Dog
We ask that you follow a few guidelines to help make the event enjoyable and fun for everyone attending. Before bringing your dog, please:
- Self-select: only bring your dog if it is well-behaved, polite, non-aggressive and doesn’t get stressed out in crowded, stimulating and noisy environments where other dogs and children are present.
- Female dogs in heat may not attend. Dogs that are unhealthy may not attend.
- Your dog must be accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older, and be under constant supervision by that person.
- Dogs must be on a fixed lead or locked retractable lead, no longer than 6 feet, at all times.
- Dogs are required to wear identification (collar tags, microchips, tattoos, etc.).
- It is mandatory that your dog’s immunizations are current.
- There will also be designated water stations. Please visit these frequently. It may be hot outside, so keep in mind how your dog fares in the weather.
- Food and other treat samples may be passed out. Be conscious of how your dog responds to food that is atypical from their diet.
- Dog owners are solely responsible for their dog’s behavior and will be held responsible for any injuries or damages caused by the dog.
- All dog owners should handle there own dog all times.
- Any unruly behavior of your dog e.g. executive grouring, biting will only be liable to you the owner and KSPCA will ask you to leave the event to that effect.
- Any harm cased by your dog is solely the dog owners responsibility.
- Please review safe dog greeting behaviors with your children. Always ask permission to touch an animal that is not your own.
While the event is dog friendly, owners may be asked to leave if their dogs are aggressive or unruly.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read, understand, and will abide by the above rules and regulations.